Immigration and Naturalization Services

Immigration and Naturalization Services

  • green card through marriage

    Marriage Green Cards (Adjustment of Status)

    When a US Citizen petitions an “immediate relative,” namely a parent, child or spouse, the Immigrant may concurrently apply for Lawful Permanent Residence, or a Green Card. In most situations, the intending Immigrant must have come into the United States legally.


  • family based green card

    Family Petitions via Consulate

    A US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident may also petition spouses, children or parents if that person lives outside the United States. An interview is held at the US Consulate in the foreign country and the “beneficiary” of the petition enters the United States with an “Immigrant Visa,” which is also a Green Card.


  • citizenship application

    Citizenship Applications

    Depending upon how they acquired Lawful Permanent Residence, after three (3) or five (5) years, a Permanent Resident can apply for US Citizenship. Upon acquiring US Citizenship, one is no longer subject to the immigration laws of the United States.


  • US green card renewal

    Renewal of Green Card

    Green Cards typically are valid for ten (10) years. While Lawful Permanent Residence never expires—the card does and must be renewed if the holder does not apply for US citizenship.


  • fiance visa

    Fiancee Visas (Including Adjustment of Status)

    When a US Citizen desires to marry a man or woman from another country, often they apply for a fiancée petition. They couple must have met, must be married within ninety (90) days of the foreign fiancee’s entry into the United States and the the foreign fiancée can only obtain Lawful Permanent Residence through her Fiancee Petitioner. This is actually two processes—getting the fiancé into the United States—similar to the Immigrant Petition, and yet also an Adjustment of Status once the couple is married.


  • conditional permanent resident

    Removal of Conditions on Permanent Residence

    When a beneficiary of a Marriage Green Card has been married less than two years at the time of the interview, he or she receives a “Conditional” Green Card with a two-year expiration. After a year and nine months, either the couple must file a joint petition to remove the “Conditions” or if not still together, the beneficiary must file the petition theirself. The couple or beneficiary must provide evidence of their life together following the initial issuance of the Green Card.


  • deferred action for childhood arrivals

    Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

    On June 15, 2012, President Obama announced a new program that will grant work authorization and a promise that applicants will not be deported. The program gives to all those who entered the United States prior to their 16 th birthday, and who have graduated high school, received their GED, or are currently enrolled in school the ability to work, obtain a driver’s license and a social security number. Applicants must be at least 15 years old and no older than 30 years old.

    The significance of this program is that those young people who have been in the United States without legal status may now take advantage of working legally here as well as continuing their education


    There are significant restrictions so it is very important that all those who desire to apply for this benefit speak first with a qualified immigration attorney. We are happy to discuss this exciting opportunity with you.